Tuesday, March 14

Is this also me?

Found a rather interesting site called Personal DNA - which offers a pretty decent personality test (I've been through quite a few working as a management consultant) for free. It had an interesting twist on the usual "agree - disagree" scale, using for example a matrix with a movable "pin" so you could set your preference in two dimensions seamlessly. Not that I belive they use exact floats for calculation, guessing they round it to a ten point scale, but it was fun and easy to do.

And now on to the juicy stuff; my description was Free-Wheeling Inventor (with more description of the detailed results online)

But what I really liked was the visual - just like the boxes used in marketing research for comparing various stages of knowledge or intent to buy - available as a big square (below) or a smaller horizontal and vertical bar (might put it in the menu later as a test)



Very high on openness and masculinity, high confidence and authority. Most interesting thing with the profile was the suggestions for how to be slightly different - or 'expand your horizons' as some might call it.

The overall score and description fits pretty well with the ENTJ profile, as I posted a year ago; "They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings."

So I guess I am still me - one way or the other

...and the sun is slowly fading into the clouds at the end of what could have been a nice spring day, if the snow weren't two feet deep...